When we arrived home from Fargo, we discovered our garage door opener was on the fritz. After hauling all of our stuff in the house, Dan ventured back into the garage to see if he could remedy the problem. I began putting things away (a job I'm still working on) and was soon joined by Luke. He was a boy a mission as he headed for my kitchen tool drawer and began searching for his tool. Not knowing exactly what he was planning to fix, I gave him a sponge paintbrush and sent him on his way. A minute later, Dan called to me from the garage. Luke had joined him and was working on his own special project. In an effort to emulate Daddy, Luke had found his own pint sized can of paint to stand on while he fixed the van with his paintbrush. A moment later, Luke got tired of balancing himself on the little can. He scanned the garage, found a larger paint can and swiftly replaced his previous stepping stool with an new and improved one.
The funny thing is that the garage door opener is still broken, but the van is working beautifully. I'm beginning to wonder who the real handyman of our family is?!
1 comment:
What a little problem solver! There isn't much that gets by without him noticing. I'm sure next summer he'll even wash the van - a full service shop!
Post a Comment