Sunday, September 9, 2007

Please help us welcome... The Molars!

Luke's molars are working really hard to be noticed. No, they haven't broken through yet, however if yesterday and today's behavior is any indication it won't be long before Luke is chomping on steak. It's so strange to see him in a bad mood and it's heartbreaking when he sobs uncontrollably. Today was tough for him and tonight might be tough for all of us.

Since Luke's first 8 teeth broke through with little commotion, I wanted to make sure that Dan and I were on the right track with the teething diagnosis. Here are the symptoms I found online of teething:
Irritability... check
Drooling... check
Coughing... check
Biting/gnawing... check
Cheek rubbing/ear pulling... check
Not sleeping well... check
Cold-like symptoms... check

We gave him some Tylenol and fed him a popsicle (which he loved!). He's also been chewing on my finger to relieve some of the pressure on his gums. We sure hope those molars come through quickly!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

I can't imagine our good natured little boy feeling so sad. If Nanna were there, I'd rock him and feed him ice cream. Hope he's feeling better today.
Nanna