No, we haven't forgotten about the blog... just took a little break while we took in a little fun! Poor Luke has been shuffled around like a deck of cards the last week. I returned to work on Monday, Aug. 27, which signaled Luke's return to "school". He went back into the infant room as he's just a couple months shy of moving up to the young toddler room. He recognized Ms. Julie and thought the new toys were great... until I gave him a kiss and said bye-bye. Waterworks! Of course they were crocodile tears, but it wasn't easy leaving Luke behind as I left for work.
The week went quickly and we all fell into our new routine. On Thursday, Dan and I left for NYC and the US Open with our friends, Kim and Dave. Luke got picked up by Grandpa Jim and spent Thursday night and Friday night with Grandma and Grandpa. Luke got to take in cousin Ryan's football game in Mankato on Friday night. Never too young to start learning the game...
Saturday morning, Aunt Beth picked up Luke and took him home to play with Cousin Vaughn. Luke continued to play like Godzilla with Vaughn's trains. Aunt Beth also proved to have the magic touch... Luke messed his diaper 3 times in one day!! Whoo hoo! Uncle Tony noticed that the 2 things that made Luke most happy were food and sleep... pretty accurate description.
In addition to eating, sleeping, and playing with trains, Luke and Vaughn went to the park and attended a family reunion on Tony's side. Beth said Luke had a vice grip on her for the entire time they were there... stranger anxiety at its best!
Luke returned to Grandma and Grandpa's on Monday. Our flight arrived at 8:00 pm and we were greeted by Grandpa Jim and Luke! What a wonderful homecoming!! We certainly missed our little munchkin!
I'm back at school now. Luke has his customary meltdown each morning as I leave him at his school. It's nice to know I'm loved, but I'm looking forward to the time when he doesn't bawl when I leave. We'll take some more pictures this weekend. Here's one of us in NYC!
1 comment:
Poor Luke! His world is a bit juggled with all the new people and settings. I'm sure Children's World were happy to see him return. Hopefully he'll get used to taking naps amidst the activity. Can he still count on family nap-time when he gets home?
Your US Open trip to NY looked fun. Kim and Dave would had fun to any venture.
Great-Grandma Marie enjoyed her 90th birthday party Labor Day week-end and commented again about how pleased she was that she got to meet Luke and Vaughn in June.
Look forward to more pictures soon.
Love,
Nanna
Post a Comment