Mommy: "Luke would you like milk or water?"
Luke: "Water. No, actually, I want milk."
Oddly enough, a person doesn't realize how often they use a certain word until a 2 year old is repeating it. I catch Dan and me using the word "actually" all of the time now.
On a related note, Luke was quick to ask me why I said, "Oh, COME on..." this morning while I was waiting for the slowpoke driver ahead of me to cross through an intersection. I wasn't proud of myself, but I was pleased that Luke repeated it with perfect intonation. :)
2 comments:
Actually...not much slips by Luke!
He is a little sponge and obviously sorting, filing and making connections in his brain.
I hope you continue to share observations, it's proof that early years are learning years...great beginnings never end!
With Luke mirroring actions and words, he'll likely keep us all on our best behavior.
Nanna was right when she said that nothing slips past Luke. He wants to know everything and forgets nothing." WHY" is very important in his numerous questions, and he he expects a good answer. He is such a joy to have around. Never a dull moment.
Post a Comment