Sunday, April 25, 2010

Riley's first trip to the egg farm

We visited Nanna and II a couple weekends ago (again). We included a trip to the egg farm so Luke could pick eggs. Riley admired the eggs from a distance, since we can't exactly trust her to place them carefully in the carton. She liked watching the eggs go from conveyer belt to carton to pallet. And, of course, posing for the camera.

3 comments:

Nanna said...

Too bad Mommy doesn't like eggs, except in cookies and cake. Luke could have picked even more eggs. He'll probably never get to experience the challenge of picking eggs from a nest in a chicken coup, getting pecked by a setting hen or chased by a rooster...I really don't have such fond memories of my chicken chores when I was a kid. I did like the baby chicks that the mailman delivered in a crate from where ever Mom ordered them from, so we'd have replacement chickens and fresh fryers (nothing like the Golden Plumps of today).

Johnson's said...

I will have to get you a coupon Helen, just for your Gold'n Plump comment:) I don't envy your chicken chores as a kid!!

Johnson's said...

Luke is getting so BIG!! Looks like his tooth is coming down from when it was introduced to the bench...