We entered the fairgrounds and headed straight for the pancake booth across from the cattle barn.
Grandpa fed Luke pancakes
and Beth, Tony, Vaughn, Nanna, and I-I arrived.
After that, we headed toward the WCCO radio booth with Grandma and Grandpa McHugh to see some of the on-air talent at work.
Luke did some walking then was ready for his first nap around 9:30 am.
He awoke with a renewed energy!
Luke went on his first amusement ride with cousin Vaughn. The real entertainment was watching a 6'0" woman try to get into and out of the tiny kiddie train! (Photo to follow... it's on Aunt Beth's camera.)
We took some photos at the black and white photo booth before Grandma and Grandpa left for home. Then we toured the rest of the fair with Nanna and I-I, Beth, Tony and Vaughn. First stop, FOOD! (We'd already eaten plenty with Jim and Dorothy, but I just had to have more fried pickles!!)
Then it was off to the Coliseum to watch the Championship 4-H show. At only 1-year-old, Luke is showing an interest in cattle judging. He must have gotten that gene from I-I. He carefully examined the cattle as they entered the ring.
Then he thought long and hard about his selection.
Once a winner was named, he joined the audience and clapped with wild enthusiasm.
There was a little love for Nanna, Vaughn, and I-I before it was time to part ways.
We'd been at the fair for 11 hours. That was enough for the day! We can't wait for next year!!
1 comment:
I get tired just looking at all the activity. It's a good thing Luke knows how to take power naps when he needs them. He's a real trooper. I think Luke learned something about judging from you too. Or maybe he's been studying that judging booklet we gave him for his birthday, do you suppose?
How nice Luke has Grandpa and Grandma McHugh so close to share new experiences. Is Luke walking independently or his he still holding on to something? Maybe he has to go "back to school" to take that first step on his own.
Post a Comment