Whenever Luke is around, you're sure to hear some of his interesting thoughts. Here are a few, documented for posterity.
At 3, Luke's sentences average between 5-7 words. He's quite good at using adverbs and adjectives correctly (the word "actually" is still a favorite). It's interesting to hear your own speech filtered through the mind and mouth of a 3 year old. We're VERY careful what we say in Luke's presence.
When Luke is really enjoying something (usually food) he will often remark, "Mommy, I like _(cereal, banana smoothies, green beans)_ SOOO very much!"
When anticipating something (a treat or surprise), he says, "Oh, I'm so EXCITED!"
During nighttime prayers, he says, "Dear God, pray for Jesus or else we'll die." (Not sure where he came up with that, but apparently he is already a believer in God's all-encompassing power.)
When asked to help with a household task, he'll almost always respond with an eager, "Sure, I can do that."
He ad libs when practicing his Spanish. An "adios amigos" often results in Luke responding, "asta la bista, Jesus loves me/you."
Aside from the many "Lukeisms", he is also becoming independent in the bathroom. Most mornings, he'll wake up and go to the bathroom by himself. It's a real source of pride that he can do it without help, and we're really encouraging it so he's self-sufficient when the baby arrives. Hopefully he doesn't revert back to needing Mommy or Daddy's presence in the bathroom next week! I'm sure we'll have our moments. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment