Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All the world's a stage

Luke is climbing the charts, or maybe just his bathroom stool. He is transitioning from cover songs to originals. His latest song, simply titled "Watch", had us doubled over in laughter. The inspiration for his new songs goes something like this:
1. Look around the room
2. Identify an object
3. Strum the guitar
4. Sing the name of the chosen subject
5. State one or two sentences about the chosen subject
6. Repeat the sentences over and over (extra points awarded for drama)

Lyrics to "Watch":
"I have a watch. I HAVE a watch. I have a waaaatch. (guitar solo, 16 measures) "Yes, I do. Yes, I doooooo. YES. I. Do.

2 comments:

II said...

Luke, It appears that your rockstar image includes a "no belt" costume. Maybe your mother should be concerned (Nanna is). Remember to record your talent for some late releases after you hit the big time.

beth said...

I heard Johnny Cash is looking for a young protege. Maybe Lukie could apply...a young Conway Twitty?