We took a quick trip to watch Daddy play volleyball this morning. Plans were to go watch a match, come home, eat lunch, take a nap. Soon after arriving at the gym, our day took a turn. Luke was having so much fun running around and pretending to play volleyball. Unfortunately the fun ended when he slammed his teeth on a bleacher seat. After a quick de-blooding in the gym bathroom (Daddy's team even took an extended time out so he could play doctor!), Mommy whisked Luke and Riley away. Riley got to surprise Grandma and Grandpa with a visit and Mommy and Luke went to the emergency room.
The staff was very nice. Luke's nurse, Lilia, brought him 2 popsicles to ease the pain. Through it all, Luke was a real trooper. No tears and very polite behavior toward the nurses and doctor. If not for the jacked up tooth, I wouldn't have thought he was hurt at all.
LUKE ON SATURDAY.,.
We'll be visiting the dentist on Monday. We'll update after that visit.
5 comments:
it hurts me to look at it. ouch! Lukie is a trouper. I guess he is just practicing for when he is playing hockey!
I remember seeing pictures of your Uncle Jerry with a similar smile! But that happened before I was "born-ed" maybe your grandpa remembers how he chipped his tooth.
Sara
i hope the little luker duker is ok!!!!!!!!!! he has taken more injuries to the face in his 3 years than i have in my whole decade+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE,
Carley
Oh, my goodness! This probably will bring the most responses of any entry you've made on the blog. We would rather it not be such dramatic, painful experiences, however. Luke is a seasoned patient and he's not even four! I hope it goes well at the dentist tomorrow. Glad you warned us by phone before we looked at the blog updates.
What the?! Luke (AND MOMMY) are champs. Is this what life with boys is all about? I'm getting Roman a helmet now. 25-50% of Roman's face has marks on it right now....if he tries to keep up with Lukey he'll be in stitches for sure. Did Luke get any? Poor poor thing.
Post a Comment