Monday, March 15, 2010

The dentist weighs in

Luke and Mommy went to the dentist this morning. Luke was in a very happy mood (note to self, always schedule a dental appointment in the morning!). Luke made fast friends with the hygenist... in fact, 5 minutes into their relationship he told her that he loved her. He did a great job getting x-rays and only grabbed for Mommy's hand a few times. Dr. Morgan wasn't concerned about damage done to his jaw bone, but was concerned about the damage Luke's thumb sucking was doing. We got special "yucky" stuff to put on Luke's thumb as a reminder to keep it out of his mouth.

Unless there's an abcess or the tooth turns black, we're leaving it "as is". The front 4 teeth are a little loose, so we'll keep with softer foods for the time being.
Luke flirting
With the doctor

1 comment:

Nanna said...

A tough way to get weaned from thumb sucking isn't it Luke? Not only suffering the hurt of hitting your teeth, but also giving up the one thing that gives you so much pleasure. I guess there are some analogies to many adult habits that people try to break, but probably not with the success I'm sure you will have.
I will definitely want your Mommy to leave your clinic card with me whenever I take care of you and Riley.