Sunday, October 31, 2010

The "real" Halloween!

On Halloween Eve, we continued the tradition of starting off at the local fire station. This year, Grandma joined us for the fun and games. Luke enjoyed winning prizes (he got a hole in one on his first golf putt... then proceeded to wiff over the ball on the next 2 attempts!) and Riley just liked running away from Daddy in a lively game of "chase me". After the game tickets were spent and the appropriate amount of juice and popcorn consumed, Daddy and Luke headed off to trick-or-treat with a couple neighbor friends. Riley and I proceeded home to hand out pretzels and spider rings. I determined, based on my informal sociological study, that spider rings aren't as cool of a treat as I thought they'd be. In fact, one bold 5 year old girl actually gave her ring back to me. Apparently she was only after consumable items.
We had a record number of trick-or-treaters this year. At one point, I called Dan to see when he'd be home with Luke's candy bag in the event I ran out of treats. At the end of the night, I was only 3 pretzel bags away from dipping into Luke's stash. Whew!

2 comments:

Nanna said...

Congratulations, Luke! You knew what to expect when playing games at the fire station this year...plus you've played a lot more ball. Congratulations on your hole in one.
Your sister is darling in her costume and you sure make a handsome Dr.

Nanna said...

Luke is getting geared up for being a Doctor...learning to play golf is part of training...
Who had the sharp knife to cut such a uniform face in the pumpkin...it looks professionally done. Did you roast the seeds?