Friday, December 9, 2011

Charmed by Santa?





8 weeks ago, I secured a coveted slot with a local photographer for Santa pictures. I acted fast, got a great mid-morning time and prayed that both kids would be their normally happy self. Wrong. Santa sat at her home and waited for eager little boys and girls to come and whisper their Christmas wishes. When we arrived and saw Santa sitting by the tree, Luke went mute and Riley shrieked. We quickly realized we had the makings of an eventful photo shoot.

Luke had no problem sitting on Santa's lap (even though he couldn't talk). Riley wanted nothing to do with him and refused to get within arms length of the big red man. After 10 minutes of trying, we decided to simply throw Riley on Santa's lap and click away, hoping for the best. What we got was a series of pictures capturing Riley's desperate escape from the clutches of Santa. It was perfect... even her new lavender panties were captured for posterity. I can hardly wait to see how next year's pictures go.

No comments: