Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday in more ways than one..









Luke did not have school today so he and I enjoyed a really great day together. The sun was out (likely the best day of the holiday weekend) and we opened the windows and did some last minute pick-up before our CLEANING TEAM arrived to give the house a nice scrub down. Luke and I left soon after they arrived and completed a few errands before enjoying a late lunch at his favorite restaurant, Perkins. We arrived home to a very lemon-smelling, dust-free house!! It is wonderful and of course, we all pledged to keep it JUST THIS CLEAN until they return for another round next month. :) Lofty goals are good, right?

We played outside for a while before settling down for family movie night (tonight's show was The Muppets). Luke did some baseball training and Riley worked to perfect her balance beam routine on the rocks. There was some "flower" picking, too. The first flowers up are always dandelions, right? They definitely look prettier in Riley's hair than in our yard.

1 comment:

Nanna said...

I hope I didn't get in trouble with Luke or Riley for putting some of their toys away before the cleaners came. I left not feeling guilty for the mess I helped create...somehow, without Sammy the floor needs sweeping more often. Hope you finished marking Riley's clothes for the consignment sale. I know you didn't run out of hangers!