Saturday, June 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BOY!





Today is Luke's first birthday! We'll be celebrating all weekend as Aunt Beth, Uncle Tony, and Vaughn have invited us to their house tomorrow. Nanna and Grandpa are here playing with Luke and changing his diapers (if I didn't know better, I'd think it was MY birthday!).

So far today Luke has done 2 new things. He said his own name this morning, Twice. He even got the hard "k" sound! This afternoon, he left the family room and proceeded to the upstairs staircase. I mentioned in a previous blog that Luke enjoys taunting the adults in his world. Well, when I went over to find him, he was on the second step and ready to tackle the third. He continued up the staircase under the watchful eye of mommy and Nanna. He made it up all 15 steps unassisted! YIKES! I couldn't figure out why Dan didn't show more surprise when told of his son's accomplishment. Then Dan disclosed that he and Luke had been doing "stair training" over the past few days. Yesterday he got up to the 7th or 8th step. I can't tell you how happy Mommy is with Daddy for teaching Luke this new trick. :)

We went with Grandpa to VonHanson's Meats to pick out birthday steaks. Everyone but Luke will be enjoying them after we return from the horse races. :) We'll be betting on a gray horse just for Great Grandpa Danielson. More updates to follow!

No comments: