Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Whoo Hoo! No hands!







Luke is becoming more and more daring (obviously a trait he gets from his father!). He thinks he's pretty big stuff when he stands without assistance. The funny thing is, he only does it when music is playing. He'll start something that makes music, let go of the object, and either


a.) clap for himself


b.) squat up and down as if he was a dancing weightlifter


c.) stand like a statue until he starts to lose balance, then catch himself and laugh.







Luke is also choosing to walk using a walk behind toy. The goofball will even walk backward and pull the toy with him. If he only realized that if he can keep his balance doing that, walking forward unassisted would be a breeze! Oh well... soon, I'm sure.





He's really been in rare form the last couple days. Here's an exchange he and I shared tonight at dinner.


Me: "Luke, do you want more peas?"


Luke: "Non" (he really sounds French when he says it too!)


Me: "Do you want more water?"


Luke: "Non" (with a head shake)


Me: "Do you want more 'ticky, ticky'?"


Luke: "Yeah!" (giggle, giggle)


Me: Tickle Luke's toes


Luke: Huge belly laugh


Me: Stop tickling.


Luke: "More?"

(If that's not funny to you, I guess you just had to be there!!)




We also spent about 5 minutes giving each other a small piece of paper he picked up off the floor. I swear he said, "Here you go" several times. It's truly amazing how quickly young kids learn!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

I can hardly wait to see him do is acts for Nanna and I-I when we come for the State Fair. I can just imagine the performance/routine he'll have choreographed for us. He almost looks like a body-builder - his shoulders so broad and waist so small. We'll see how he reacts to fair food. I think he'll have us all in stitches.
Love, Nanna