Monday, January 7, 2008

Fun with Daddy... but no pictures to prove it!

This past weekend was full of "boy" fun for Luke and Daddy! Mommy went to visit "Aunt Kim" in Colorado. The boys had a little vacation of their own, in the comfort of our home. Here's what I've heard about the weekend:

Food- Daddy couldn't find much food in the house so Luke got fed the basics. Oatmeal, grilled cheese, yogurt, string cheese, banana, juice, milk, and cheerios filled his tummy. Clearly Daddy doesn't have a nose for fruit as there was an entire bag of pears, clementines, and bananas on the kitchen table that went untouched. :)

Field trips- Daddy isn't one to sit inside for too long, so he and Luke found fun outside of our 4 walls as well! Saturday was a day of playing at the playground behind our house. Luke climbed through the tunnels and went down the slide. He also spent some time on his swing in the backyard. The only casualty was the boot that slipped off as Daddy took him out of the seat. Luckily Daddy found it the next day! They also went to Como Zoo in St. Paul with cousins Courtney and Carley! Luke enjoyed running around outside just like one of the animals!

Rest and relaxation- All of the activity left Luke a tired, tired boy! He and Daddy played "Tickle Tackle" until there weren't any giggles left in Luke. Then he fell asleep on Daddy's lap. Awwwh!

Telephone- Luke was awake when I called from Denver on Saturday. Good thing we don't pay by the minute for long distance because Luke was in a talkative mood!! Some of his words are really starting to become more understandable. His specialty is "Bye Bye" and it is crystal clear! I also thought I heard him tell me "Love you"... that might be open to interpretation, though.

New Trick- Luke found his pockets. Now he likes to walk/run with his hands securely placed in his pants pockets! Daddy reported a higher incidence of falling with this new, hard-to-balance mode of transportation.

I had a great time in Denver with Kim, Dave, and the rest of her family. Grandma and Grandpa Beigs celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary over the weekend and celebrated in style with many of their friends and family. In addition, Kim introduced me to Stoli Dolies... you haven't had pineapple until you've had it like this!

The best part was coming home to a son who worshiped me! Unfortunately, only a day later, the novelty of having me home has worn off and now I'm "just" Mom. I guess I'll have to keep taking quick weekend trips to remind him that he misses me when I'm not around... or maybe he just misses the stocked refrigerator and clean highchair tray? :)

No comments: