Thursday, January 24, 2008

I feel like a popsicle!




Well, it's certainly cold enough to turn into a popsicle today! Luckily Luke favored eating a frozen treat instead of becoming one. Tonight's flavor was orange. He does a pretty good job of holding onto the stick and eating it by himself. This is one food he's not willing to share with Sammy! Interestingly enough, "popsicle time" only comes immediately before "shower time". Smart planning, huh? It also necessitates "brusha-brusha" on his teeth. Luke used to love having his teeth brushed but now that he has more of them, he has decided that letting Mommy or Daddy put anything with bristles in his mouth is a bad idea. I'd like to think it's because he's cutting teeth and his gums are tender. The reality is that we've got one independent boy and he's decided to exercise his power over the toothbrush. :) Maybe it's time to try bubble gum flavored toothpaste?


We had a fun visit with Grandma Dort and Grandpa Jim tonight. They are toughing it out in the rough Arizona winter! Luke had lots to tell them during their conversation. He got so excited just to hear their voices, I can only imagine his excitement when they return and he sees them face to face!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

I just got home from your cousin, Vaughn's (Sunday)and checked your blog...I enjoyed seeing you when I was in the cities and gave I-I the camera to download all the pictures so I can send your Mommy a CD. Your orange popsicle looks especially good today - the temp.got up to 37 degrees, which feels a little like "spring." You can do so many things by yourself already. I bet Sammy still sits by your side and hopes that a chunk of popsicle falls from the stick so he gets a treat too.
I hope we get to see you before March when you come to stay at our house. You are nice to let Nanna hold you and rock-a-bye with bear-bear when you get tired.
Love you!
Nanna