Monday, November 17, 2008

Long time no post...

Wow!  Over a week and nothing.  Luke has been acting his age the last few days.  He's cranky in the morning and cranky at night... Dan and I tag team so neither of us totally burn out (that's not totally true... I played volleyball all day Saturday and went to a show on Sunday afternoon, so in a sense Dan was a single parent this weekend!).  It's just a constant battle to try and stay one step ahead of him at this point.

Good thing is that he seems to be doing fine at school.  As a teacher, I hear parents of "good kids" say, "well I wish he would act that way at home!".  Now I understand what they mean.  I'd much rather have him be good while he's away from home.  It seems that by the time he gets home, he's so overloaded he just needs to crash.  And, who can blame him for being a grouch in the morning.  This morning he wanted to sleep, sleep, sleep.  When I opened his door he rolled over and murmured, "Lukie still sleeping, Mommy."  A boy after my own heart!

Potty training is still going great.  He's to the point where he just tells us when he has to go.  We have to hurry to the potty chair, but at least he can tell when it's coming!  Yeah!  He's dry when he wakes up from most naps and even through the night (depending on how much milk he had with dinner).  I've begun researching waterproof mattress pads so we can move him into his big boy bed.

That's all for now!  

2 comments:

Nanna said...

Guess we all need to have a little slack for our mood from time to time. Maybe there was a full moon or he's in a growth spurt. Glad to hear he's doing so well in the "briefs" dept.

Carley said...

Hey!,I'm glad Lukes Finally out of diapers!Oh,by the way if you haven't checked my Blog before you read this,DO IT!I did THREE!More.




Love, Carley