Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!  We were able to spend lots of time with our families, lots of time eating delicious food, and lots of time playing.  This year, Daddy was thankful for the numerous pies and help with house projects, Luke was thankful for his doting grandparents and relatives (or was it the crazy amount of snacking we did?), and Mommy was thankful that her throat opened up in time to eat (I got strep on Monday and the penicillin didn't kick in until Wednesday)!

Thursday found us in Mankato at the Meyer's.  We love spending time with Dan's side of the family.  Luke was a little under the weather and a little overwhelmed with the attention, but all he talked about when we got home was "Sara's house".  I think your pumpkin torte left a lasting impression!  Nan has some competition!

Friday found us at Beth and Tony's.  Vaughn and Luke played, Nanna and Beth cooked, II and Tony fixed things and Brock, Dan and I just kind of hung out.  Luke's cold continued to bug him (his shriek of "Ahhh, Boogies!!!!!" was frequent and prompted us to carry kleenex in every pocket).  We came home after a nap and waited for Nanna and II to arrive at our house... just in time for bedtime!

Saturday was a really, really busy day!  Daddy and II tore out the wet bar in our basement (totally wasted space... hello storage!), Nanna, Mommy and Luke went to JoAnn Fabrics and waited in a 30+ minute check out line, took the patio furniture off the deck, hung garland around the door and the deck, painted the basement bedroom and played pinochle.  

Luke loved spending time with Nanna.  They made cookies for the painters, played cars, and read story after story after story.  A couple hours after they left today, Luke stated that he was hungry.  I told him I'd make him a sandwich to which he replied, "Nanna gives me cookies." Huh.  It will be good for all of us to get back on a routine this week.  :)
   
Teaching Nanna how to make chocolate pancakes.

   

Playing catch with Nanna can be DANGEROUS to a young boy's health.  Thank goodness it was a NERF football...



The metronome that Mommy used to use to practice piano makes an even better toy for Luke!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

What a great way to wind down to bed-time - a recap of the week-end! Seeing Luke enjoy the metronome is encouraging. With the harmonica and his sense of rhythm, he is sure to play other instruments one day. Nanna won't be practicing football with him beyond the nerf ball, so don't worry. Even though he's great about going to bed, he does know that another bed-time story buys some time. Glad that I got to play with Luke while I-I helped with the projects. You accomplished a lot.
Goodnight and thanks for sharing family time.
Love,
Nanna