Luke was in rare form tonight. As Mommy tried to rock with him and sing him his goodnight songs, Lukie tried to squirm off the chair while yelling at her to stop singing. After 2 warnings, Mommy put Luke in the crib and told him goodnight. (Not a popular move for a 2 year old who is a slave to ritual and master of getting his way.) He tantrumed, he cried, he screamed for a long, long time. Daddy came upstairs after 20 minutes to sit in the office and listen to the fireworks with Mommy. At 40+ minutes, we pulled out the camera and filmed this video.
5 minutes later, we went downstairs to watch The Office. Finally, 1 hour and 2 minutes after the crying began, Luke passed out. He lasted longer than either Dan or I thought he would. I hope he demonstrates that persistence when faced with a difficult challenge in school!
4 comments:
I'm DYING to play this video but Roman is finally sleeping and I don't want to risk waking him or else I'll be posting my own video! Why was he so upset? Just giving Libby the wrong sippy cup could set her off so this must be good!
Sorry to disappoint... I think Luke's only motive was being 2. :)
How can you be so inpatient with our Grandson? Grandpa & Grandma would have felt sorry for him and got him up for a treat. You tell Luke that we will be home soon and then he can be spoiled again. Seriously, good job Dan & Karla. I didn't think you could last that long. See you soon!
Grandma & Grandpa McHugh
How can you be so inpatient with our Grandson? Grandpa & Grandma would have felt sorry for him and got him up for a treat. You tell Luke that we will be home soon and then he can be spoiled again. Seriously, good job Dan & Karla. I didn't think you could last that long. See you soon!
Grandma & Grandpa McHugh
Post a Comment