Luke attended his first day of summer preschool on Tuesday. He was such a big boy... until we stepped inside. When he saw all of the kids, he became velcro to my leg. Luckily, we were able to establish a "good bye" routine quickly and that helped me get out of the door. He enjoyed seeing friends and even did a science experiment (the old flower-in-colored-water activity). The first thing he told me when on our drive back home was, "Did you know that I'm big enough to cross the street without an adult holding my hand?" I replied, "Oh, did you cross the street today?" "Yes, my teacher said me and another little boy could do it. (he paused, while my head swirled with possibilities) I held hands with him when we went to the flower shop and we didn't get hit by a car or anything."
Apparently, the entire class walked across the street to get a couple white carnations for their experiment... and there was adult supervision the entire time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment