Sunday, July 25, 2010

The return of video!!!

Thursday was an exciting day at the McHughs! After weeks of trying to establish ourselves as iPhone4 owners, we were finally successful in obtaining our prize! Here's how the infamous event occurred.

Riley and I picked Luke up from preschool and headed home for lunch. Once the food was served and the kids were well into eating, I happened to see the brochure from our local A T&T score. (I'd called multiple times over the past 3 weeks to see if they had received any phones and the answer was always no. And with each call, they always reminded me that when phones did come in, it was first come first serve.) I picked up the phone and dialed, fully expecting to hear the answer I had become accustomed to. Imagine my surprise when I was told they had just received 4 phones and one customer was already on his way in to get one. This got my competitive juices flowing... the kids were just finishing up lunch and I made the quick decision to whisk them to the store to try to get our phones!

Eight minutes later I was entering the store, with 2 kids in tow. Two kids who were about 30 minutes from nap time. I flew in the door with my adrenaline at full throttle and got a an extra boost when they announced there were 2 phones there for my taking. Having the kids with me was extra important because they would only sell the phone if a person was present. So, technically, Luke and I are the proud owners of iPhones... don't tell him though. :)

In case you were wondering, it took about 90 minutes to set up the phones, switch over the accounts and pay. If you remember, I said we were 30 minutes from nap time when we arrived at the store. The final 45 minutes were a little rough... on the kids, Mommy and the A T&T salespeople. Riley just couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed pull all the phone accessories off the display pegs. And Luke's promise to "stay right here in this chair the entire time" lasted about 45 minutes (which probably seemed like a lifetime to him). We spent the last 15 minutes walking, running, hopping, skipping and galloping on the sidewalk outside the store.

This event is important to anyone who reads the blog because it signifies the return of video!! Photos are great, but sometimes you just can't capture a situation without video. Enjoy a few of our treasures!

No comments: