Friday, February 1, 2008

Culinary Arts with Nanna

Some may not know that celebrity runs in Luke's bloodline. Nanna used to be a television star! She appeared every Wednesday on the top-rated program, Party Line, as the resident home economist who brought fantastic recipes to life for thousands of Fargo's aspiring cooks. What a treat for Luke to learn from such an expert! The featured menu on this day was blueberry muffins. They must have been delicious because Luke ate 3 muffins in one sitting! Take a look at what they were able to whip up!













2 comments:

Nanna said...

Yes, Luke enjoyed the "box mix" blueberry muffins which he helped me make (they never fail to please)! Here's the rest of the story that you probably haven't heard. When I was caring for Vaughn, we made real blueberry muffins from scratch (we didn't have a mix in the cupboard, but had all the ingredients called for by Betty Crocker's recipe)...they were so awful, we threw them out. I don't know if practice would help...I think the lesson learned is leave out the baking powder, add more sugar, butter and eggs. Too bad we didn't eat the blueberries straight from the freezer pouch before they were ruined! Why is it that the things that are healthier...leave much to be desired. By muffin standards they would only have received a blue ribbon in appearance! Luke, I'll put "blueberry muffin mix" on my grocery list so I'm prepared when you come to visit. So much for being a home economist Nanna.
Besides, the box makes a great hat, doesn't it?

Nanna said...

Oh, a new observation in the pictures...the box mix was "Betty Crocker"...Ironic how the real recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook must leave out some secret ingredients...that's supposedly a trick of the trade when you share your best recipes. Enough on the success and failure of blueberry muffins.