Height- 43"
Weight- 38 lbs.
Favorite activities: making Riley smile, playing any instrument he can get his hands on (guitar, keyboard, harmonica, microphone, jingle bells), playing tackle football with imaginary players, helping (with anything), making up games (and the rules "as he goes", just like Mommy!), making up lyrics to songs (Jingle Bells is a favorite right now), following the rules (and making sure everyone follows them).
Luke can often be heard saying: "Are you happy, Mommy?" (usually after he senses that he's pushed the wrong buttons), "I can do that!" "Riley Roo, Riley Roo, Roo Roo, Riley Roo" "Wait a minute!" "No laughing in this family... we're serious! (ha ha ha!)"
What Luke is saying right this minute: "I got stuck. Somebody glued me together. When I was playing football I got broke so someone glued me together."
Other observations: Luke almost always has to go to the bathroom during dinner, if he says his tummy hurts it's time to go "poo poo", he doesn't fall asleep right away and can usually be heard at the top of the stairs babbling, he's terribly sensitive (when he heard cousin Vaughn broke his arm he immediately began to cry until we called Vaughn to make sure he was okay), he sings familiar songs to an unfamiliar tune (improvisation at it's best) and also makes up lyrics to familiar tunes, he loves to dance with his shoulders, his favorite tv programs are Handy Manny, Imagination Movers and Mickey Mouse and he spends Saturday mornings watching them nestled between Daddy's legs and the couch with his favorite blankey, he's wonderfully gentle with Riley and loves to help Mommy with "lotion time" after Riley's bath...
1 comment:
Luke has a tender HEART (Sister, Riley, and Vaughn's arm), is solution SMART (glue), does a quick START (music), loves his PART (helping),likes the MART (shopping).
Attentive to detail, Luke will remember his height gets marked on the door frame at Nanna and I-I's house.
Luke's imagination runs wild, what does he see when he looks down the bathtub drain?
He's a charmer! At 3 1/2, what do you suppose he would say if he was interviewed on television like his Mommy was...do you think Mommy would be more nervous than Luke?
Post a Comment