




We were able to spend Easter with all of our family last Sunday. We were up early for church (not a problem for Luke who is an early riser anyway!) with the McHughs and Dowells. We arrived early for 7:30 mass and enjoyed the instrumental music that preceded the service. Luke couldn't take his eyes off of the musicians. His head bobbed back and forth to the beat of the song. When it was over, Luke was the ONLY one who felt moved to share his appreciation for the music... through the dead silence Luke could be heard clapping his hands and yelling, "YEAH!!!" If he had his way the music would never have stopped.
Breakfast was at Poppa and Grandma Dort's, yummy caramel rolls and fruit. The Easter Bunny also made a visit... I'm still not sure how he could carry the big bubble mower that Luke received. :)
After breakfast we headed to Beth and Tony's for more food and fun. Vaughn and Luke ran and ran and ran... they're really becoming great playmates. Leaving the Hessburgs for home meant leaving Nanna and II for the last time. All the way home he called them on his pretend phone. For 15 straight minutes Dan and I heard "Hallo, Nanna" "Bye bye, Nanna" "Hallo II" "Bye Bye II" "Hallo Bon (Vaughn)" "Bye bye Bon"...
1 comment:
Hi Luke,
Did you sing the B-I-B-L-E song at Mass? Well, maybe they didn't play songs you were familiar with, but it's really nice of you to encourage...if Catholics are like Lutherans, all could project more enthusiasm.
That Easter bunny sure did hop around to find you. It sounds as though you will soon learn how to mow lawn with your mower, just like you know how to sweep the floor with the broom. What a little chore boy you are. I know I surely appreciated your help sorting clothes.
Thanks for your telephone calls, Luke. We love to hear your voice greeting us..."Hello, Nanna" and "Hello, I-I." Spending Easter with you and Vaughn together was so much fun.
Love,
Nanna
Post a Comment