









Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a fabulous week in sunny Mexico. While Luke didn't return home with a dark tan, he thoroughly enjoyed himself with Nanna and II! Dan and I returned home late and Nanna, II and Luke had already arrived to enjoy Easter weekend in the Cities. I eagerly anticipated seeing Luke's reaction to our homecoming on Friday morning. In my mind, it would go something like this:
Luke wakes up, whimpering. He misses his Mommy so much and sleeping in his crib reminds him of the good old days when Mommy would greet him with a song and a smile in the morning. He sees me, pops up, kisses me, and jumps up and down in his crib while repeatedly yelling, "I love you, Mommy!"
Here's what REALLY happened:
Luke wakes up and immediately starts playing with the light switch while repeating, "on, off, on, off." I get out of bed, poke my head through the door flashing my biggest smile and say, "Good morning! Oh, how I missed you." Luke smiles back and responds, "Nanna?"
We went through some Nanna and II detox this weekend. Luke needed to be weened off of them just like a baby calf. We're still in the transition process. :)
Here are a few of the 300+ photos that Nanna and II took over the week. See if
you can pick out the photos that WEREN'T taken in ND!
1 comment:
Hi Luke,
I just finished looking at the long version of your week with Nanna and I-I (all the pictures)...I didn't even fall asleep like when the news is on. The songs you love to sing just kept rolling through my head as I looked at you and remembered all the special times we had when you spent the week with us. I suppose it's tough to have "coffee-time" when your Mommy and Daddy don't even own a coffee pot. Do they give you an ice cream cone once in awhile? Does your Dolly like riding your scooter? What does Sammy think of Dolly? Do you still read stories to Dolly?
I sure wish I could have a "Bo-Bo" hug before I go to bed. I miss you and rocking in the rock-a-bye chair.
Good Night! I love you.
Nanna
Post a Comment