Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hey, Stranger!






Ahhh... Friday! Today was a pretty perfect day. Luke got to play outside at school and he enjoyed the fabulous fall weather. Crisp and sunny... it reminded Mommy of being a kid and playing catch with I-I outside after watching the Vikings (they lost back then, too!). Daddy got to cut out of work early and go "mountain" biking with some friends, and Mommy didn't have to cook supper! The best part of the day was seeing cousin Courtney! She returned from college for the weekend and we're so glad to see her!
The whole family met at Fong's for Chinese food and conversation. The only mildly embarrassing part was when Luke flopped to the floor and announced to the entire restaurant that he was trying to go poopie. It wasn't long before everyone in the restaurant could smell the fruits of his labor. :)

Afterward, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to play cards and celebrate Grandma Dort's birthday (her actual birthday was yesterday). Luke was especially fond of the ice cream cake Michelle and the girls brought over. His chorus of, "I want more" echoed through the kitchen and dining room. Eventually we had to cut him off, but not before he painted his hands and face with frosting and sprinkles.

In case you're wondering, Dan and Dorothy won 2 out of 3 tonight. You might infer that Jim and I let them win since it was Dorothy's birthday... all you'll get from me is a "no comment". :) Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

No comments: