Friday, October 12, 2007

An Ordinary Day?

I'm typing with wrinkled hands that smell like industrial citrus cleaner. The odor almost masks the fowl smell that has been absorbed into my nostrils. What could cause such a bonanza of smells? Luke had a blow out today at school. Per center regulation, Luke's teachers were forbidden to wash out the clothes that were smeared with BM. Quite honestly, I think they got the toughest job anyway... trying to wipe down a human jumping bean! Miss Dawn and Ms. Marianne started apologizing almost as soon as I walked in the door. Actually, Miss Dawn's first reaction was a big smile, then a serious and sincere look. I didn't think it could be that bad until I actually picked up the plastic bag of affected clothing. The smell was really something special. :) After some good scrubbing, everything was ready for the washing machine. I'm so thankful cousin Vaughn wasn't here to see what happened to his first pair of shoes. Vaughn had a love affair with these shoes... if he could see what Luke did to them, he'd be mortified.

On a side note, Dreft stain remover is really incredible stuff. Even if you don't have kids, I'd recommend it for your toughest stains. There isn't a stain yet that I haven't been able to remove with Dreft spray.

The other exciting thing that happened today was that Luke visited the toddler room for the first time. I guess he did great! He was there for 3 hours. He got to eat lunch at a table and sit in his own chair. At nap time, he got his own cot and slept with all of the other kids. I'd love to have observed him with the older kids. I'm sure he'll learn a lot from them when he makes the move up.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to put some lotion on my hands. Adding lotion to the mix of smells should really make for an interesting aroma. :)

4 comments:

Nanna said...

Oh, that was one present Nanna didn't get. Karla, you are now a seasoned Mom. Maybe you better let up on the prunes and pear juice?? I bet Luke felt good after his feat. Do you think Luke may be getting some play-by-play that he may object to, if he had his say?
Thank goodness you didn't take a picture, your description was vivid enough!
Nanna

Nanna said...

I was quick to attribute the blow-out to prunes or pears, but it may have been that other "p" word..."PICKLES"! Did you say he ate 5?

On a more important note, it is exciting that Luke is soon moving up to the next age group. He will be exposed to many new behaviors and no doubt his kind demeanor will help him make many new friends.

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I guess I posted my warning (in "bedtime" posting, below) too late.

beth said...

Guess the pear juice works. What would he do with a cesear salad. Can you say "sam's club"?