Friday, December 14, 2007

I can't hEAR you!

Poor Luke! It's been a rough few days for the little guy. I received a phone call at work on Wednesday morning from Kindercare. Luke had a 102.8 temp and all he wanted to do was sleep. Luckily I was able to contact Grandma Dort and Grandpa Jim and they were able to watch him for the remainder of the day.

Since then, it's been a goofy mix of lower temps in the morning and higher temps as the day progresses. The biggest change is that Luke wants to cuddle ALL OF THE TIME. While I love the extra attention from him, I hate that its coming because he's sick! We visited the doctor this morning. He has a double ear infection and is cutting some molars and eye teeth. They also checked his white blood cell count because of the high temps, but thankfully they were at a good level. Hopefully we'll see a change in him within a couple of days. If not, back to the doctor on Monday.

Feel free to give us a call... we'll be on the couch cuddling! :)

1 comment:

Nanna said...

I'm so relieved that he is better. "I-I" said, "Are you going to go down to help take care of Luke?" He knows how much Nanna wants to hold and comfort him. Knowing what's the matter, doesn't take away the desire, but we know Mommy and Daddy can manage to meet his need for attention. We hope he still wants loving arms wrapped around him when we come at Christmas time. Chances are those teeth will pop through and he'll be more interested in eating prime rib. At any rate, we hope the week-end will give him time to recuperate.
Love, Nanna