Grandma's bingo playing really paid off for us today! We spent the afternoon at Mystic Lake Casino. No, Dan and I have not taken up gambling (in spite of watching Texas Hold Em' on tv from time to time!). Grandma and Grandpa McHugh received a free room, dinner, and tickets for a show starring the comedian Sinbad courtesy of the casino. I'm not sure exactly how one qualifies for this type of star treatment, but I suspect it has something to do with G & G going incommunicado for several hours every Sundays under the guise of "Sunday brunch". :)
Anyway, this opportunity allowed us to take Luke swimming! It also paid off for me as Grandpa gave up his dinner and show ticket so he could swim with his grand kids. Grandma Dort and I enjoyed a delicious (and very fancy) steak & chicken dinner. After we ate, we stopped by the pool to snap a few pictures of the swimmers. Grandma Dort and I returned from the Sinbad show in time to watch a dramatic Vikings comeback, only to be disappointed with an overtime loss. Oh well... maybe next season. :) Daddy, Carley, and Grandpa went for burgers while we were at the show. Luke ate grilled ham and cheese, french fries, pickles, and ice cream. Can't wait to see how his next messy diaper turns out (read with sarcasm!).
Tomorrow is NYE. We're looking forward to ringing in the new year with friends! Hope everyone has a safe celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment