

Luke woke up this morning to find that Santa had picked up Nanna and I-I at Vaughn's house and dropped them off on our doorstep! He was so excited!! First, there were many hugs for I-I and a number of rounds of "Sing-a-song-of-sixpence...". Next we opened Nanna and I-I's Christmas present from all of us (a new camera) so the picture taking could begin immediately!
After a nap (which EVERYONE participated in doing), Luke took a shower and showed off his love for water in front of Nanna and II.
After Luke ate a quick lunch, we went outside and enjoyed the mild weather and fresh snowfall. Luke loved the ride in the sled and his trips down the slide with Nanna! Mommy and Daddy broke in their new snowshoes, too!


We enjoyed prime rib dinner (YUM!) and leftovers from yesterday, then settled around the tree and opened a few more presents. Aunt Beth, Uncle Tony, and Vaughn arrived soon after and the fun began! Luke shared his golf clubs (a gift from cousin Liz) with Vaughn... no, they never did whack each other with the club. The only real battle was for possession of Luke's singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. :)



When Luke laid back on the floor, we knew he was totally spent. It was bedtime for him and for everyone else too. It's officially the end of another Christmas.






2 comments:
Dan, Karla & Luke,
Thanks for a wonderful Christmas Eve. The appetizers, delicious meal and all the desserts were great. But most important was everyone that attended. All the relatives visiting and catching up on old and current events. The kids made it extra special. They had such a good time playing together and opening Christmas gifts. What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of Baby Jesus.
Thanks again,
What a great time. Wish it could have lasted longer. But then, with the wonderful new camera, I-I probably would have had to edit 500pictures instead of 320! He enjoyed every minute of it and I've looked at them a few times as well. It's a good thing that Luke takes a nap once in awhile so the rest of us can do the same. He's so entertaining and what FUN we had outside in the snow - it was a perfect "winter wonderland" this year. Is Luke still sitting on the Mega-blocks container? He'll be so surprized to know there is more inside. When he's in middle school, you may have to show him how much he used to enjoy taking a shower. We loved the picture album you made for us again this Christmas to recap Luke's year...and there won't be a shortage of pictures when we are around him with this new camera. Thank you for such a fun time. We are eager to look at the old super 8 movies...there's a little girl that performed a lot like Luke!
Good night - we will be in Montana for Grandma Marie's funeral on Dec. 29, so you may not get as frequent phone calls or updates on the blog.
Love,
Nanna
Post a Comment