Sensitive subject alert. I just have to document this. Forgive me for not spelling out the word completely- it's not because I'm a prude, it's because I'm worried of the kind of weird internet trollers that might find Luke's blog by googling "pe*is".
Luke was standing in the shower today and his hand wandered south of the border. Nothing new. Until he asked me what it was called. I nonchalantly said, "pe*is". Then he pointed to me and said, "Mommy pe*is?" At this point I felt compelled to explain that Mommy doesn't have a pe*is, but Daddy has one. Which led into a one-sided discussion of the difference between boys and girls. Luke just looked at me with the expression of "huh" on his face and switched to dumping water on himself.
I feel a real sense of relief that I got my sex talk out of the way. Looks like Dan is going to have to explain the rest as Luke grows older.
No pictures for this post either. I think you can understand why. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment