Luke loved his trip to Lori & Curtis' lake cabin this past weekend! The weather was perfect and Luke took full advantage of the lake and the shore (and the Johnson's boats!). There were also lots of new toys to play with (including Vidar and Sammy). Luke's favorite? The 6 inch baby doll. Mommy and Daddy quickly capitalized on the novelty of the baby to manipulate Luke into getting his diaper changed. We convinced Luke that the baby was crying and Luke was the only one who could help. Throughout the course of the weekend he also "fed" the baby toast and donuts as well as share his sippy cup when the baby was thirsty.
Another milestone was the first and second successful "stand-up-and-pee-in-the-toilet". Daddy was an essential part of this training. I'm reasonably sure that there is a special language that only boys share... when I tried to counsel Luke through the routine on Saturday morning, he acted like he was a slinky and bent as if the toilet was made of kryptonite. Daddy, however, was successful on both Friday night and Saturday night. I watched Saturday night's performance hoping to learn a few tricks right along with Luke. We'll see if it pays off as the week progresses. :)
Luke "post pee" on Friday night
Luke has also started going on 2-3 minute rants about events that happened throughout the day. It's hilarious! He'll talk really fast and with incredible expression while he repeats over and over snippets of the past 24 hours. When he goes on a rant all you can do is sit back and enjoy the entertainment. It's hard to predict when it will happen, but I'm making it my mission to get one of the episodes on video.
1 comment:
Looks like Nanna "presents" will soon be a thing of the past. I'm not experienced with potty training little boys, so if you need any assistance, Daddy or I-I will have to help. He sure is doing well. Maybe he'll be trained by the time school starts again.
Nanna
Post a Comment