Uggh! What a morning! Luke's pleas for the potty chair began almost as soon as he woke up. "That's great!" you might be thinking... it is great if he actually goes potty. Problem is, Luke had already filled his diaper and didn't have anything left in reserve for the potty chair. What followed was 40 straight minutes of frustrated crying and screaming because he wanted to go potty and he couldn't. Not an easy concept for a stubborn kid to grasp. I tried all of my mommy tricks, and nothing would work. My attempts at putting on his diaper were met with screams of, "NO MOMMY! No diapey! No dry diapey! I go potty! I go potty!". I finally got a diaper on him so we could go downstairs and get something to drink. That normally calm procedure looked more like steer wrestling, and I guarantee I wouldn't have won a big silver belt buckle for making it under time!
The hi jinks continued. Too angry to eat, too angry to drink. I managed to get him to sit in my lap and just cuddle... and eventually got him up to bed for the earliest nap on record... 9:10 am! He slept until 11:20, so it was legit. He exhausted from his weekend with Vaughn. Luke woke up a much happier boy and we were able to enjoy our afternoon together! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment